Sunday, September 9, 2012

002 Grendaizer - UFOロボ·グレンダイザー

Another poster most likely acquired in '79 while in the Philippines, this one of UFO Grendaizer (or UFO Grendizer or UFOロボ·グレンダイザー), who somewhere between then and now lost an "a" in his name. 

UFO Grendaizer
UFO Grendaizer- The most awesomely coolest giant robot there is or ever was.

Awesome!
"None can defeat my codpiece!"
This is in great shape, except for a couple of tape marks at the top, left over from a nine year old's lack of forethought. This was absolutely my favorite robot, yet I never knew that he was considered to be a part of the Mazinger family until more than 30 years later. From the superhero-ish costume of the pilot to Grendaizer's main weapon, a pole-arm between those two shoulder blades (I never realized the visual pun until just typing that) ...and, of course, hole saw drill fists.

Run, Duke, Run!
This looks like he's running from the obligations of a hero.
And who couldn't love a series in which the main villains are the Vegans (well, other than maybe vegans).  The only thing in the show I wasn't completely in love with was the UFO, which I always forget is a part of the title, as well. The ship design always seemed a little uninspired when placed beside the robot and the costume. It would be like Kim Kardashian wearing a potato sack.

Another priceless object. I was offered $150 for this, but decided to keep it.

3 comments:

  1. Hi is this available? Pls email me at holidayland@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do still have this, but the asking price is an undeclared value above $150 (until I'm desperate for money, or tired of looking at it). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I would like to buy this as well as the other robot posters. Currently, I am doing a documentary about super robots. Like us on facebook.com/VoltesVTheDocumentary. Kindly email me on my gmail at jpbookworld@gmail.com for your response. Hopinf for your most immediate and favorable response. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete